Thursday, October 6, 2011

Archery Mtn Lion!

Well its about time to start adding some pics and videos from the fall thus far!  It has been a great fall with some awesome animals being taken.  While my hunter took a break from the archery hunt, I was out scouting and helping a friend, when I got a call from good friend PT Carter.  He told me that he had a friend that found a fresh lion kill right where we were hunting! He asked me if I was interested and he didn't even finish before I asked "where and when"?  I met him the next morning and we started about a mile or so away from the kill.  This was my first lion hunt with dogs and I couldn't wait! PT mentioned that it could be tough with it being dry ground, but he felt his dogs could do it.  Well, we had gone about a half mile or so and all of the sudden his dogs started going crazy! Watching his dogs work to find which way the cat came from was absolutely amazing.  It took them all of a minute and they were off on the chase.  Another couple minutes and they had this cat treed.  Good friend Chris Jacobs was there with me and let me use his bow.  Chris was able to catch it all on video, which I will be posting.  It was an experience like no other.  It was short and sweet, and PT could not believe how quick it all happened.  It was no more than a 15-20 minute hunt.  I would like to thank PT for the call and for all the hard work.  I gained a whole new respect for houndsmen and the endless hours they spend working and training their dogs. If anyone is looking for a great lion hunt, give PT a call, he is with muleybulloutfitters.com and will take care of you.
This cat was collared and when I checked her in I found out she was one of the oldest out there. Estimated at 12 years old from the biologist, she had done her share of killing! Thanks Again to muleybull outfitters and PT Carter for this awesome hunt. I will be adding the video soon!

1 comment: